Why Buy an air Purifier?
Breathing clean air is a must in order to enjoy sound health. Unfortunately, due to the high amount of pollutants present in the air, our health is having a knock on effect.
Read More about air purifier.
The air is filled with dust mite allergens, pollen grains, mould spores, small particles, cigarette smoke including gases and Volatile Organic Compounds polluting our air. An air purifier can help to alter this problem and significantly improve our indoor air quality. It cleans the air by removing all pollutants and maintaining an allergy free home. Having an air purifier is more than a must for people that suffer from allergies such as Rhinitis, asthma, dust mite allergy, pet allergy, hay fever and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.
Air purifiers function with different technologies making them more performing in getting the air free from pollutants. Technologies used often combine HEPA filters, Ionisation, and absorbent filters to get rid of gases. The air purifier market has grown in the last few years. However, not all of them are the best performing. At PureLifestyleWonders, we try to bring the best available on the market helping your family and yourself in enjoying a healthy lifestyle.
How to choose a good air purifier?
Choosing an air purifier is a very important task as there are many air purifiers which are only gadgets but do not effectively clear the air.
In choosing one, you will need to determine
- 1) The surface area the unit can cover and effectively purify the air
- 2) CADR – Clean Air Delivery Rate (Real VS Overstated) – How quickly air is purified.
- 3) Noise Level (Decibel Reading)
- 4) The air purifier’s capabilities in filtering the pollutants that you are most allergic to
- 5) Whole System Efficiency: Based on the MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) numbered between 1 and 20. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the True HEPA filter has a MERV between 17 and 19 with an efficiency rate of 99.97% to 99.99% removing 0.3 micron particles. A HEPA filter with a MERV between 7 and 13 can be as effective as a True HEPA Filter and have a tendency of being quieter and less expensive.
- 6) Filter Replacement (Cost & Effectiveness)
- 7) Different types of filtration technology (Electrostatic, HEPA, True HEPA, Ionisation)
- 8) Air Change per hour rate What is?
CADR is the Clean Air Delivery Rate which measures a cleaner’s efficiency together with the air flow rate. It is defined as the cubic feet of air cleaned of a particular particle in one minute.
It is the measure of sound e.g: Whisper Noise: 20 to 30 decibels Normal Conversation: 60 decibels Power Lawn Mower: 65 to 95 decibels
The air we breathe carry both positive and negative ions. A charged molecule is called a light air ion, or air-ion. If a charged molecule of air settles on a water drop or dust particle, it also obtains electric charge and becomes a ‘heavy ion’. In most rural locations and mountainous areas, the air is charged with ions ranging between 800 -1000 light air ions of both polarities in one centimetre cube and no heavy ions. This makes the air feel fresh and healthy. However, in big cities it is quite different and the concentration drops to 50-100 ions per cubic metre. Heavy ions are widespread (tens of thousands per cm3) making the air feels heavy. To help with this problem, some air purifiers come with ionisers to emit light ions to refresh the air.
There are no products to list in this category.